December 16, 2008

Shirley


Today brought a heavy heart. My friend Shirley passed away early this morning after a battle with a liver transplant several years ago. Shirley is pictured here with her signature pin "Donate Life". She leaves behind three children. I've been privliged to know two of them (J. J. and Nicole) for many years. We have been football Moms and basketball Moms and endured bleacher butts for years. Shirley has always been there for her kids as the team nurse, team cheerleader, team Mom, and endless other encounters from selling just about anything that came down the pike to support Carlisle sports. She could make some pretty dandy funnel cakes! She always knew the lastest updates from all the kids of who is doing what and where they currently are in life. She has been my basketball companion for over 8 years and just like church we had 'our' seats in the bleachers with the wall as back support. I'll miss you Shirley and I'm comforted knowing you are at peace. God Bless to Nicole, JJ, and Tony.

2 comments:

  1. Holly, I'm sorry for your loss.

    Kathy Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly Imy heart goes out to the kids as I know how you feel about all of them Keep them all in your prayers . Shirley was a sweet lady Mom

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit!
Hope you are blessed in some way today!
-- Holz!