February 7, 2009

Mardi Gras 2009

Yes Mardi Gras 2009 is underway. Will you be at the masquerade? Do you have your mask? This mask today was being sold in Las Vegas but reminded me of the beautiful masks all over New Orleans. With my son living in the Big Easy I've become educated on a whole new culture. I've discoved King Cake, Krewes like Rex, Zulu and Bacchus and many more and most of all bead throwing, and parade going. Today is the first official Mardi Gras parade in the French Quarters of NOLA followed by 50+ more parades between now and February 24. They still hold a ball for debutantes to be introduced to society. My daughther wants to attend just to see the dresses. The best thing I've learned about Mardi Gras is it's the number one family celebration that covers every far reaching area. So get your mask and find a parade and wait for the 'throws'!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday. Uncle Kenny & Aunt Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much! Happy Birthday to you too Aunt Kathy!!! I know someone else who has one this coming week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never visited the big easy but hear that this is one big, long, party spectacle!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit!
Hope you are blessed in some way today!
-- Holz!