October 13, 2008

My piano

Spent the day researching my piano. One would say -- but why?! My piano is 130 years old. It's made by a company that was called Malcolm Love out of Waterloo, NY. It was patentened June 18, 1878. It's an upright Grand piano. It still sounds magnicificent! It was a gift 25 years ago from my Father-in-law right after I was married. He had the entire inside redone and new keys put on. Music and especially playing the piano has been in my life from when I was very young. I can remember my neighbor playing (by ear!) and I wanted so much to be able to play like him. When I was in second grade I was surprised by my parents with a brand new piano! I can honestly say it's still the best gift I ever received from anyone! I took piano lessons for years along with my brothers and sisters. Now 37 years later I still look forward to sitting down and playing. My daughter now takes lessons and she is a great memorizer! I don't even try that department any more. In my findings on my piano I've discovered that I have a masterpiece that needs taken care of fondly. I'm always on the look out for a new song that gets in my head and out through my fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your visit!
Hope you are blessed in some way today!
-- Holz!