October 13, 2009

Riches are not from abundance of worldly goods, but from a contented mind.

What do I do while waiting for hockey practice to be over or for softball warmups? What do I do while waiting for piano lessons to end? And what about waiting for the pasta parties to be over or the saying goodbye to friends that we'll see in another hour? I look for things to make me smile. Today's picture brought cheer during one of my many waiting periods. There doesn't seem to be enough time to drive home and wait for the pick ups to begin so I wander on this trail or that trail and look for God's creation or find a bench and read a chapter or two. I try to always have reading material or my camera. Granted not much gets done at my house but I know too well these waiting times will end in a few years and I'll wish for them all back again. So till then I'll keep looking for things that make my day and maybe I'll even learn a few things by cracking those books!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your visit!
Hope you are blessed in some way today!
-- Holz!