September 18, 2017

Churches on Mackinac Island

*not a comprehensive list of Churches...
Appropriately named 'Little Stone Church'
So quaint!
I couldn't stop saying "so quaint" "so quaint" everywhere I turned on the island!

Ste Anne de Michilimackinac Catholic Church
Quite a mouthful, but it's beautiful!

The simplicity keeps you grounded


A special spot outside to reflect.


The history mission Church.


Although this isn't a Church, I included it here.
It's the police station and town hall.
Maybe a few can have their Church moment here when they come
to grips with why they ended up here?

This is my kind of Church!
A place to sit and talk to God and be engulfed in his glory all around!

Another perspective for this shot kinda made me sad.  Why it nobody
taking advantage of this spectacular spot?
Given most people take the ferry over to the island for the day we all are trying 
to see as much as we can before the last ferry leaves.  
I must go back, sit, relax, and maybe spend the night and return here for sunset  and 
for sunrise the next morning!
Around the world today:

6 comments:

  1. These are beautiful churches. What a neat idea to show the churches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely buildings, I like the Police station/town hall the best. It is quirky and unusal

    Mollyx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how wonderful each photo of your post is. The last and only time I was on Mackinac Island was in 1970ish. We rode bikes around the island. I'd love to go back with my digital camera! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The interiors of churches always surprise me.
    And, yes, staying for the sunset would be a nice way to end the day. And then you'd have the early morning light the next day for more photos ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got to visit Mackinac Island one time and loved the fort and all the old buildings. I missed these beautiful churches, though. I need to go back! I'd go back any time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit!
Hope you are blessed in some way today!
-- Holz!