This ole bridge is still operatinal.
Built in 1870
A single-span Burr arch truss over Conodoguinet Creek.
Located: On Covered Bridge Road approximately 2 miles southeast of Newburg, Hopewell Township. This is the only remaining authentic covered bridge standing solely in Cumberland County. It does not have any additional steel reinforcement within the Burr arch truss system. The structure is covered with vertical boards and battens on the sides and horizontal clapboard siding on the portals with one window in the side near the end where the road curves, and it has a lengthwise opening under the eaves. The roof is corrugated metal, and the deck is covered with runners laid over crosswise planking. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on August 25, 1980.
Surrounded by Pennsylvania mountains.