October 9, 2017

Mid West Highway Barns

Passing the time when headed west:
Read a little, read a little more, get a drink, yell at the other vehicles on the road, 
steal a nap, look at the GPS, but wait... snap barn pictures!
Driving through Wisconsin and Minnesota I had ample opportunities to get a few barn
pictures.  I missed a few, but got to capture lots!

Barns with silos get my attention first.  

Add a little flair to your barn with a quilt painting and that'll surely get noticed!

After experiencing some mid west storms I can only imagine how some silos lost their tops!
Most of the barns have lost their paint too!

The barn in the middle of nowhere with no residence and no silo.
What's the story?  Did something happen to the house?  Did the silo blow away?
 Is this one of many barns on the property?
There's another trip game ~~ make up stories about the things you encounter!
What's your favorite thing to do when you're a passenger on a long trip?
Around the world today:



4 comments:

  1. Great barns! I have a barn quilt too on my barn - in some states they are registered like a trail you can follow. You captured some great ones! Hope your trip was fun ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great barn pics. Here in Oklahoma we have a few nice barns but most of them are the prefab metal kind that I just cannot get excited about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...Holly, what gorgeous barn scenes, I invite you to share them at The Barn Collective. I hope to see you there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit!
Hope you are blessed in some way today!
-- Holz!