September 21, 2009

WW II

So I've been on this World War II kick lately. It seems for some odd reason every book I've read lately revolves around this time period. Some things I've read leave me thinking 'are we as humans destined to repeat ourselves?' I hope not! The book 'Night' by Elie Wiesel can be hard to read but I do think that the world needs to remember and pass on to new generations what has transpired in the past. One of my favorite places to visit is the Army Heritage trail here in Carlisle, PA. On one occasion we ran across this old German cycle. How interesting! It's a great place to learn of every skirmish or war that the United States has had involvment in. Many events are held here with hands on demonstrations and reenactments. What a great way to learn of our history as a nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your visit!
Hope you are blessed in some way today!
-- Holz!