June 2, 2009

Just another day..


Need some nails? This top notch blacksmith can whip you up a batch in no time at all. My indian friend was more than willing to demonstrate his way of life for us. These are just a few of the characters we met at the 2009 Armed Forces Day at the Carlisle Barracks Army Heritage trail. It was education without cracking a book. We learned about how our Armed Forces lived throughout our countries time as a nation. We went from the Revolutionary War, Spanish/American War, Civil War, World War I and II, Vietnam and through today. Each year it gets a little larger and I remember all those facts I learned years ago in a text book but now are forged into my head in a whole different manner. Thanks to all those volunteer re-enactors who do a fabulous job!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your visit!
Hope you are blessed in some way today!
-- Holz!