January 26, 2009

View from the Bleachers- My World Tuesday

Why you may ask would basball be displayed as being 'my world'. It goes back about 16 years ago when my son first discovered his passion. I can remember all those brisk and cold Spring days at the beginning of each season followed by some sweltering days later into the season. I've been there all along in the bleachers. Cold metal bleachers, wood chipped and splinter ridden bleachers, and lots of really uncomfortable chairs that got carted all over Pennsylvania and some local states. Those were some really great times. As time went by the passion never dwindled and only grew. Baseball was my ultimate excuse for my first digital SLR the Nikon D-70. The first picture today was taken the very first weekend I owned the camera. It has seved me well ever since. Today I'm still there in the bleachers but it has expanded to New Orleans and beyond. My son is a pitcher for UNO and I even got to sit in the bleachers surrounded by LSU fans in Baton Rouge to witness his first college game that I had the opportunity to travel to. I thought the LSU fans would be intimidating but in turned out they understood I was only a Mom there to see her son and I think most of them wished him well. You can see the picture above that the bleachers were full of a wave of purple and gold. He pitched exceptionally well that evening and I can remember it all over again when I look back on the pictures. So yes, this is really 'my world'. The new season is fast approaching and I'm anxious to get back down South and find my seat in the bleachers. Discover other peoples worlds by clicking HERE.




9 comments:

  1. My husband and his best friend would share your view of the world if they could. They love baseball and know all the old players, even those retired before they were born.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS Good luck to your son in his pitching career.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All is right with the world when you can hunker down in the bleacher seats. Your right that spring training is just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome story and photos, thanks for sharing.

    Cheers!
    Regina In Pictures

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's unpopular sports in my country, I don't know why..
    That 1st picture is so great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved your story - enjoy your son & baseball.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's great that this is so much a part of your world. I know quite a few people who love the game. You know, I've never been to one. Hmmmm....

    Great shots. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures and post.
    Thanks for sharing your part of the world with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! Wonder how many others out there got there photography start with their kids. I remember sage advice my grandfather gave me. He said that when my first child is born, buy a good camera. I did and have been at it, more or less, ever since.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your visit!
Hope you are blessed in some way today!
-- Holz!