November 17, 2008

Stained

I had an opportunity to get some pictures of some very old and very artistic stained glass at a local church. (Leesburg U.M. in Shippensburg, PA) Getting a good shot of stained glass is pretty tricky. So much depends on the outside lighting which by in large in uncontrolled. (at least by me!) Other components are inside lighting. One side of the church to the opposite side also has it's challenges. I wonder if the artists of these beauties gave any thoughts to lighting? Maybe there's too much thought going into this on my part and I need to sit back and just enjoy. I hope you also enjoy these windows. Thanks to all those that have contributed in making these works of arts available to the rest of us years and years down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your visit!
Hope you are blessed in some way today!
-- Holz!